If you have had a stressful day, you may wish you could give yourself a special treat by having a spa treatment at home. If so, use the following homemade facial scrub that can invigorate your skin and relax you with its aromatic, herbal essence.
Gathering Your Supplies And Ingredients
Before making and enjoying your facial scrub, gather the supplies and ingredients listed below. You can find the ingredients in the natural health section in most pharmacy departments, as well as natural health stores.
- Small bowl
- One cup of pink Himalayan salt
- One quarter of a cup of aloe vera juice
- 10 drops of lavender oil
- 10 drops of rosemary oil
- Washcloth and towel
Himalayan salt not only provides a gentle grit for this scrub, but it also detoxifies the skin. It also helps relax your tight, tension-filled facial muscles.
The aloe vera juice helps soothe inflammation. It also has astringent properties to flush away impurities from your pores and skin surface.
The aromas from the lavender and rosemary oils help relieve your anxiety and help you relax. The lavender oil also increases blood circulation to your skin, creating a plump and healthy appearance.
Making And Using Your Aromatherapy Facial Scrub
After gathering everything you need, follow the directions below to make and use your aromatherapy facial scrub.
- In the small bowl, mix together the Himalayan pink salt and the aloe vera juice.
- Add the lavender and rosemary oils, stirring well after each drop to evenly distribute the oils throughout the mixture.
- Wet your face with warm water.
- Using the pads of your fingers, apply a thin layer of the scrub on your face. Avoid getting the mixture on the delicate areas around your eyes, as the abrasiveness could irritate them.
- Gently use your index and middle fingers to massage the scrub into your skin using small, circular motions.
- Wet the washcloth with warm water, and place it over your face. Breathe deeply to take full advantage of the soothing aromas.
- After five to 10 minutes, wipe off the excess scrub with the washcloth.
- Rinse your face with cool water, then pat dry with a clean towel.
Using the above facial scrub can add to your at-home spa experience. However, if you are concerned about your sensitive skin or would prefer to buy rather than make your spa essentials, you may want to contact a store that features spa products for sale, such as Intelligent Skin Sense.Share